Sunday, February 27, 2011

Putting Difference Aside

This weekend was my boyfriend’s birthday and I decided I wanted to throw him a surprise dinner. Little did I know that this would force me to put my differences aside, and I would be something I struggled with greatly. I had a best friend, unfortunately we are not anymore and my friend is still friends with him. My boyfriend is the kind of guy who gets along with everyone and tends to see past flows. He would not love anything more then to see me and my best friend make up again, although this is a lost cause. As his birthday approached I could hear the voice in my head telling me I needed to put our differences aside because this was not all about “Melissa”. As the week went I fought more and more with myself hoping that I would not need to do what I was about to do. I finally swallowed my pride and worked up enough courage to ask him to come. Do you know what happened? He was a jerk and he would rather miss a friend’s birthday than to be civil. I was hurt and broken once again, the worst part is I couldn’t talk to my boyfriend because it might have ruined the surprise. In the end everything worked out all the same, I went on with one more piece of my heart somewhere along the time. I can tell you one thing though, even with getting screwed over in the end I do not regret putting myself on the line for someone I love. I still had a lot to show such as my dignity and strength, most importantly I showed I put the ones I love first and my difference second.

No comments:

Post a Comment