Thursday, February 17, 2011

Listens VS Speaking


I think a lot of our problems in our everyday lives come from us wanting to always talk. It happens everywhere even now that we are out of high school and in the “real world” it is happening people talk while the teacher is, the boss, while instructions are going on. Even when we have been taught, here we are talking, talking, and more talking. Its like we always want to speak but we never want to listen. When everyone is speaking at once it is chaos. We all want a voice but do we really want everyone else to have a voice? Winston Churchill said, Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen”. I believe this quote nails it because the person who talks all time is someone I tend to tune out because I feel like once again they are just talking for the sake of talking. It’s the person who sits back and listens that I listen to. I do this because once they speak I know what they are saying is important; I know that one day what they are saying may make a difference. I believe that we should try listening before we try putting in our input and before we try to make a difference in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment