Sunday, February 13, 2011

James 1: 2-4

James 1: 2-4 is my life verse, it is one that is dear to my heart because it has gotten me through a lot of hard times. This verse has been my hope when everything was unclear, when things were broken, my light at then end. 

This verse states: 
 "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."

Now I know I am young and people do not think broken when they see my pretty smile but thats only because i have become a master of putting on my mask. When things are falling apart my answer is always "ill be fine, i always am" this is what i have lived by. When fathers have bailed yes two, boys have cheated and when childhoods were taken. I have learned this world can be cruel but I have also learned that I am strong. I know now that I older that God does give me what I can not handle. That everything he allows will somewhere down the road help someone else. If my hardships are enough to give another hope then i am ok with them. All i can ever do is take life one day at a time and keep living by my faith and his strength. 

This verse will always give me hope, while everything seems hopeless. 





No comments:

Post a Comment