Sunday, April 17, 2011

Honesty

There is just something about saying what is true to your heart.When something has been eating away at you and you just let it out. I do not know about everyone else but I know when I have been holding back and then all of a sudden there is just that moment where everything comes out and its like all that weight is gone. Sometimes honesty will make things harder but nothing is worse then holding things back. I would like to say I hope everyone allows themselves to have honesty in there life because all of my life I have been the girl who is "fine". I put on that face, that smile that the world that "yes, I am fine" when all i wanted to say was I am hurting and my world i breaking. What is so wrong with saying the truth with saying hey I am not ok, hey I am no perfect. When people say hey whats up they really don't want to know whats going to they are just making small talk. Could you imagine how much better off our world would be if people in the beginning said "hey i am not ok". What if in the beginning that kid didn't take their life because they felt like someone cared. What if in the beginning that father never started drinking because they didn't feel at fault that he tried his best and his best was enough. What if in the beginning when that girl looked in the mirror she felt worthy she felt pretty and thin enough. What would would our world look like if there was honesty and not just the image of perfection what if i said I am not ok but with a friend and understanding i can get past this. Just a thought 

No comments:

Post a Comment