Sunday, January 23, 2011

Love.

I have been reading a book called Redefining Beauty, the author talks about a father's love and how it is crucial to a young girls life. How girls who grow up with a loving father see the world completely different from the ones who grow up without. This book explains that these girls will grow up with little self-esteem, never believing they are good enough, and most important growing up with the idea that men are like their father and they would accept that because that is their reality. I grew up without a father and I would have to say everyone of these statements are true, the sad thing is a girl shouldn't have to have this worry she should just have her daddy. While growing up I can count on one hand how many times I had with my father and there was not one day where I thought that it was not my fault. I never thought i was good enough; if only i was prettier, smarter, funnier because if I had been my father would have cared enough to stick around right? It took me many years to figure out that his issue's are not my fault. Later I found I have so many people who love me yet they will never be able to fill the empty space because as old as I get I will still always be that little girl who wants her daddy. So for any girl who never had her dad just know that this isn't your fault, know that every man is not going to be like him, last know that you alone are good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment